We share the following values which will guide our partnership:-
- Participation - We will seek to involve all sectors of the community in the development and implementation of our vision whether or not they currently have access to online technology.
- Social inclusion - We will work towards ensuring that everyone in Newham has access to Newham's online services.
- Partnership - We will welcome into partnership any who share our vision, commitment and values.
- Content and communication - We will seek to enable all who use our services to contribute as well as receive content, to engage with wider online communities of interest, to use the network to resolve local concerns and to build a shared vision for the for the future of Newham and its people.
- Freedom of speech - We will provide space for discussion forums that guarantee freedom of speech within the law.
- Knowledge - We will support education, training and independent learning to help people benefit from the opportunities available through the use of information and communication technologies.
- Evaluation - We will ensure that our work together has clear objectives and that our achievements are evaluated and publicly reported.
- Sustainability - We will ensure that any services provided through Newham Online are designed so as to ensure their sustainability.
- Interoperabilty - The individual partners of Newham Online each commit themselves to supporting the implementation of such standards as provide the best integrated communications platform for local people whilst maintaining compatibility with global communication standards.
- Leadership - The partners recognise the leading role of Newham Council, as the representative of the people of Newham, in promoting, implementing and interpreting these principles.