Newham Online is a partnership of academic, private, public and "not for profit" bodies the members of which agree to work together to ensure that maximum local benefit is obtained from the development of information and communication technologies. In particular we will work together to use these technologies to:-
- improve the local economy,
- provide opportunities for learning and creativity,
- improve our service provision,
- provide improved and cheaper local communication,
- facilitate access to local information,
- develop leisure and entertainment opportunities
- provide increased opportunity for participation in local affairs.
In pursuing our vision we we will seek the best designs, develop applications that bring real benefit to local people and ensure that online access is easy, cheap and widespread in order that as many as possible of Newham's citizens and locally based organisations of all kinds can share in the benefits we foresee.